Fruity Breakfast Sandwich
If you love a fruity breakfast and need to be filled up, this may be a recipe for you. Use whatever bread you have, whatever frozen fruit (see the Foodie Spotlight in The Blog on one the easiest ones to use) and whatever yoghurt you have. You could create something special for the weekend by using brioche and full fat, creamy Greek Yoghurt. Once in a while this Breakfast Sandwich can be made for a king or queen, alternatively, use the more wholesome and healthy options for an everyday breakfast.
Recipe & Instructions
- 4 slices of whatever bread you have (wholemeal, seeded varieties will fill you up more!)
- 1 small pot of whatever yoghurt you have from a multipack (low sugar and low fat best)
- 2 heaped tbsp of chopped frozen fruit
- 2 eggs and 2 tbsp milk, beaten together.
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil to fry in a pan (or use a non-stick pan)
Lay two slices of bread on a board and indent the middle of each a little with a back of a spoon. Place1 tbsp of the frozen fruit and 1 tbsp of the yoghurt in the centre of each piece of bread and top with the other.
Heat the oil in the a frying pan. Dip each sandwich in to the egg mixture to soak up.
Place the sandwiches in the frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on either side.
Sprinkle over some mixed seeds and coconut sugar for a little crunch and serve.