Chicken and White Wine
Chicken and White Wine with Pea Shoots and Spinach. Sounds a bit glam for a mid-week meal but it's so easy to make and can be on the table in 30 minutes.
Recipe & Instructions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh, skinless and boneless, cut in to small pieces
- 1 onion, halved and sliced (saves time)
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g washed fresh spinach
- 8 tbsp frozen peas
- 150g sugar snap peas (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml white wine
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp double cream or creme fraiche
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- handfuls of pea shoots (or use rocket or extra spinach) to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chicken pieces. Cook over a high heat to brown.
Add the onion, fennel and garlic and turn the heat down a little. Cook over a low heat for 5-6 minutes to soften.
Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the water and wine gradually and stir in the bouillon powder. Simmer over a high heat for 5 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
Stir in the cream, thyme and salt and serve between 4 plates with a large handful of fresh greens.
If you are needing a carbohydrate for a more substantial meal - rice works wonders!